With aws Jump Start we promote incubators, accelerators and incubated start-ups so that they can establish innovative and technology-focused companies or business ideas faster on the market and minimize risks.
- Incubators and accelerators
- Incubated, highly innovative and technology-focused start-ups from all sectors
- At the time of application, the incubator or accelerator is operational for at least 12 months.
- The accompanied start-ups are in the pre-start-up or start-up phase.
- At the time of application, at least 3 start-ups must be located in the incubator or accelerator.
- The incubator or accelerator has experience with bundled services for incubated companies – e.g.
- economic, financial and legal advice,
- mentoring and coaching,
- Network offers or
- Experience with digital business models.
- The business model of the incubator or accelerator is powerful and scalable.
- Legal forms:
- non-profit GmbH
- OG, KG or
One of these legal forms must be established before the subsidy contract is drawn up.
- Not eligible:
- pure real estate projects, e.g.
- «virtual centers»,
- Office, laboratory or production rooms without joint management and
- Location communities without interdependence and common region-related economic or socio-economic goals.
- The incubator or accelerator receives no financial support from the federal government for this or a similar purpose.
- The incubated start-ups are highly innovative and technology-focused.
- The application is made by partnerships, natural or legal persons.
- The application is submitted before the project.
- The registered office or permanent establishment is located in Austria.
- The project will be implemented in Austria.
By promoting incubators, accelerators and incubated start-ups, innovative and technology-focused companies and business ideas are to be established more quickly on the market and risks must be minimized.
Type of financing
- Up to € 150,000 per incubator or accelerator
- Per incubated start-up up to € 22,500 - for max. 5 startups for each sponsored incubator or accelerator
Up to 100% of
- Staff cost
- Material cost – e.g. software, consulting fees, studies
- travel and training cost
50 % at project start, 50 % after finalisation of the projekt
- Incubators / accelerators and startups that do not meet the above requirements
- Incubators / Accelerators, which primarily serve foreign companies
Deadlines for applications
Currently you can not submit applications.
- Application: You submit the application with a form via the aws funding manager.
- Formal Examination: We check that your application is timely, formally correct and complete. Possible defects can be remedied within 2 weeks.
- Content assessment: An evaluation panel of national and international experts will check whether your application meets the quality criteria:
- To what extent is the incubation concept suitable for pursuing the goals of the program?
- Do you have the necessary qualifications and experience to successfully implement the project?
- Are costs, time and effort in reasonable relation to the planned results?
- What sustainable value do the concepts create - for incubators or accelerators, incubated start-ups and the regional economy?
- Are the project results for incubator, accelerator and / or incubated start-ups significant in the short or long term?
- International Benchmarking: How well is the underlying problem solved?
- Recommendation of the evaluation panel: Based on the results and taking into account the objectives of the respective thematic focus, the evaluation panel submits a recommendation for funding - including possible conditions and / or conditions.
- Funding decision by the aws: Based on this recommendation, we decide in the name and on behalf of the federal government, whether your application is approved or not.
- Subsidy contract: We send you an offer with all conditions and conditions. You then have 2 months to accept this offer.
Duration of the process
Approx. 1 month