Deep-tech start-ups focussing on
- Life sciences and
- Physical sciences
- Green tech
- Pre-foundation phase
- Exceptions: Sole proprietorships or partnerships (eg OG, KG) are allowed to already have been established but are not allowed to be making significant sales
- The business model is based on exceptional technical and scientific challenges (technology leap).
- The company has great growth potential, with several million euros in sales and financing rounds of at least € 5 million being realistic in the next few years.
- The team is innovative and committed, start-up driven and willing to take risks.
- The pre-seed company is the applicant’s only company.
- The criteria of the regulation, the programme document and the GBER have been met.
- The de minimis limit has not been exceeded.
- Additional information is provided in the download area.
Focus GREEN Seedfinancing:
For Deep Tech founders and Deep Tech companies that meet the seed financing requirements AND whose future product or service offering is in the area of the EU Green Deal's fields of action.
- Climate action: Making the EU climate neutral by 2050
- Sustainable industry: Ways to ensure more sustainable, more environmentally-respectful production cycles
- Sustainable mobility: Promoting more sustainable means of transport
- Sustainable agriculture & From Farm to Fork: Ways to ensure more sustainable food systems
- Biodiversity: Measures to protect our fragile ecosystem
- Eliminating pollution: Measures to cut pollution rapidly and efficiently
- Building and renovating: The need for a cleaner construction sector
Type of funding
- Non-repayable grant
- Industry-specific consulting and coaching
- Tapping into further sources of financing
- Network connections
- Up to 200,000 euros
- Costs directly related to the project for scientific implementation, review and preparation of the proof of concept:
- Costs for studies and concepts,
- Costs for product development and market launch,
- Personnel costs, and
- Material costs.
Up to 2 years
You will receive the grant in tranches upon reaching predefined milestones.
- State-of-the-art products or developments that merely aim at a gradual development (incremental innovations)
- Capital expenditures beyond the funding period
(Depreciation can be funded)
- Costs that are not an essential prerequisite for successful project completion and attainment of goals
- Invoice receipts under EUR 150 excl. VAT
- You apply for funding via the aws funding manager.
- We will then analyse the application as to content and formal criteria.
- We will invite you for an interview if required.
- We will decide whether you should present your project to the external assessment panelG.
- Together, we will coordinate the milestone plan and the documents for the pitch.
- You will then pitch your project to the external assessment panel.
You will receive a decision from us as soon as possible.
Duration of the approval process
Depends on the dates of the assessment panel meetings, which take place several times a year, on average 2–3 months.