Deep-tech start-ups focussing on
- Life sciences and
- Physical sciences
- Pre-foundation phase
- Exceptions: Sole proprietorships or partnerships (eg OG, KG) are allowed to already have been established but are not allowed to be making significant sales
- The business model is based on exceptional technical and scientific challenges (technology leap).
- The company has great growth potential, with several million euros in sales and financing rounds of at least € 5 million being realistic in the next few years.
- The team is innovative and committed, start-up driven and willing to take risks.
- The pre-seed company is the applicant’s only company.
- The criteria of the regulation, the programme document and the GBER have been met.
- The de minimis limit has not been exceeded.
Type of funding
- Non-repayable grant
- Industry-specific consulting and coaching
- Tapping into further sources of financing
- Network connections
- Up to 200,000 euros
- Costs directly related to the project for scientific implementation, review and preparation of the proof of concept:
- Costs for studies and concepts,
- Costs for product development and market launch,
- Personnel costs, and
- Material costs.
Up to 2 years
You will receive the grant in tranches upon reaching predefined milestones.
- State-of-the-art products or developments that merely aim at a gradual development (incremental innovations)
- Capital expenditures beyond the funding period
(Depreciation can be funded)
- Costs that are not an essential prerequisite for successful project completion and attainment of goals
- Invoice receipts under EUR 150 excl. VAT
- You apply for funding via the aws funding manager.
- We will then analyse the application as to content and formal criteria.
- We will invite you for an interview if required.
- We will decide whether you should present your project to the external assessment panelG.
- Together, we will coordinate the milestone plan and the documents for the pitch.
- You will then pitch your project to the external assessment panel.
You will receive a decision from us as soon as possible.
Duration of the approval process
Depends on the dates of the assessment panel meetings, which take place several times a year, on average 2–3 months.