Innovative, technology-driven industries above all
Micro, small and mid-sized companies, i.e
- Employees: < 250
- Sales: < 50 million euros
- Balance sheet total: < 43 million euros
- Austria is the operating location.
- You fulfil all formal and content requirements
75% – depending on the extent to which the formal and content requirements
- Initial consultation (discover.IP)
- IP strategy development: consultation, strategy coaching and grants (nonrepayable) on topics such as
- Identifying, securing, and protecting your intellectual property for maximum commercial benefit,
- Sale and licensing of own intellectual property rights,
- Purchase, licensing and use of third-party intellectual property
- IP strategy implementation: consultation, strategy coaching and grants (nonrepayable) on topics such as
- Strengthening of company resources (personnel, training, etc.)
- IP Analyses
- Establishment and enforcement of IP portfolio
- IP Transfer
If you need advice on the appropriate type of support, please contact us.
Grants: up to 50% of the eligible project costs – but no more than 200,000 euros
A maximum of 3 years
- Costs of creating, defending, and enforcing intellectual property rights
- Costs of external IP consultants
- Licensing costs for third-party intellectual property rights
As soon as you have submitted the invoices for third-party
The grant is nonrepayable.
- Costs resulting from invoices for small amounts, i.e. below EUR 150 (net)
- Costs of external consultants in the case of ongoing, routine consultancy or marketing
- Court costs and any cost reimbursements to opposing parties in connection with property right infringements,
- Value added tax.
- Any time – within the submission deadline until 31/12/2021
Application and approval process
- You apply for aws protecting innovation grants via the aws funding manager.
- Depending on your needs, 2 aws experts or an independent jury will decide, based on a set of criteria, whether to approve your application – or not.
- We will let you know about our decision in any case.
Duration of the approval process
- Consultations: by appointment
- Financing decisions: approximately every 2-3 months