Deep-tech start-ups – e.g. ICT, AI, digital health, life sciences, green tech, "tech for green", physical sciences and material sciences
- Small businesses with < 50 employees
- Annual sales or balance sheet total of < 10 million euros
Foundation phase: 1 year prior to, 5 years after foundation
- The application is submitted before project start.
- The business model is based on exceptional technical and scientific challenges (technology leap).
- The company has great growth potential, with several million euros in sales and financing rounds of at least €5 million being realistic in the next few years.
- The team is innovative and committed, start-up driven and willing to take risks.
- Other companies hold a maximum share of 24.9 % and purely financial investors a maximum share of 49.9 %.
- The requirements of the regulation, the guideline specifications and the GBER have been fulfilled.
- The limit according to GBER art. 22 has not been exceeded.
- Additional information is provided in the download area.
Focus GREEN Seedfinancing:
For Deep Tech founders and Deep Tech companies that meet the seed financing requirements AND whose future product or service offering is in the area of the EU Green Deal's fields of action.
- Climate action: Making the EU climate neutral by 2050
- Sustainable industry: Ways to ensure more sustainable, more environmentally-respectful production cycles
- Sustainable mobility: Promoting more sustainable means of transport
- Sustainable agriculture & From Farm to Fork: Ways to ensure more sustainable food systems
- Biodiversity: Measures to protect our fragile ecosystem
- Eliminating pollution: Measures to cut pollution rapidly and efficiently
- Building and renovating: The need for a cleaner construction sector
Type of financing
- Conditionally repayable grant
- Industry-specific consulting and coaching
- Tapping into further sources of financing
- Network connections
- Up to 800,000 euros
- Disbursement: 1–2 years
- Repayment: up to 12 years
Costs directly related to the start-up, product development, establishment of marketing and sales, such as
Marketing and sales costs.
- investments in fixed assets, e.g. machinery, goods, factory and office equipment, construction measures, inventory
- investments in intangible assets, e.g. patents, software, employee training
- Working capital, e.g. rent, personnel, goods, material
You will receive the grant in tranches upon reaching predefined milestones.
Repayable interest free when profitable or when company or individual assets are sold – within 12 years
- Costs for routine changes to existing products, manufacturing processes or services;
- Investments in equipment and facilities not directly related to the business purpose of the start-up (vehicles, land, real estate, non-specific building equipment, etc.)
- Costs for state-of-the-art products or developments that merely aim at a gradual development (incremental innovations)
- Invoice receipts under EUR 150,– excl. VAT
- You apply for funding via the aws funding manager.
- We will then analyse the application as to content and formal criteria.
- We will invite you for an interview if required.
- We will decide whether you should present your project to the external assessment panel.
- Together, we will coordinate the milestone plan and the documents for the pitch.
- You will then pitch your project to the external assessment panel.
We will let you know our decision in any case.
Duration of the approval process
Depends on the dates of the assessment panel meetings, which take place several times a year, on average 3 months.