Technology companies, also consortia – from ICT; energy, environmental, infrastructure, mobility, or medical technology; electrical engineering and electronics; production and safety technology; mechanical engineering and plant construction
SMEs and large corporations
Growth phase: 6 years after foundation or more
- The application is submitted before the project starts.
- The company's registered office or the business premises are located in Austria.
- The company is planning an internationalisation project in a specific target market.
- The company fulfils the funding requirements – such as technical and planning quality, market access support for Austrian companies in positioning their technologies in the target markets, suitability of applicants, economic potential and exploitation.
- The AGVO and the de minimis ceiling must be observed.
Type of financing
Up to 80 % of the project costs, but no more than 200,000 euros
- Market study costs: location, feasibility, competition and market analyses, etc.
- Personnel costs
- Material costs
- Third party costs: costs for innovation advisory services and innovation support services (e.g. freedom-to-operate analysis, enforcement or defence strategies, certifications), intellectual property right costs, subcontracts, translations, etc.
- Construction of demonstration and pilot plants – also for R&D projects
- Travel expenses
Up to two years
Depending on the type of project,
- either in 2 tranches upon reaching predefined milestones
- or after the project has ended and the final settlement has been accepted.
aws Recognising, protecting, exploiting intellectual property
- Projects that began before application submission
- Projects the eligible costs of which exceed EUR 2 million
- Projects that do not have secured financing
- Companies having difficulty with funding under AGVO
Application and approval process
- You apply for funding via the aws funding manager.
- You will receive a confirmation of receipt from us.
- First, we will check the content and formal
- We will ask you for further documents if need be.
- We will carefully review the application, and a jury will make a funding recommendation for your project.
- The BMVIT (Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology) will then make a decision on funding.
- We will let you know our decision in any case.
Duration of the approval process
The jury meets once every quarter. Your project will be presented to the jury as soon as we have all the required information.