The invention describes a novel class of kappa opioid receptor (KOR) ligands which can be used for the therapy of a variety of human disorders
US-Application: priority date March 30, 2015
Owner: University of Innsbruck
The invention describes a novel class of kappa opioid receptor (KOR) ligands which can be used for the therapy of a variety of human disordersApplication
Novel drugs interacting with the KOR for the treatment of:
- Psychiatric disorders: dysphoria, depression, bipo-lar disorders, mood disorders, anxiety spectrum disorders (stress, phobias, panic)
- Psychotic disorders: schizophrenia
- Neurological disorders
- Neurodegenerative diseases: Alzheimer´s dis-ease, Parkinson´s disease
- Addiction: drug and behavioral addiction
- Eating disorders: obesity, overweight
- Inflammatory diseases: Crohn´s disease, ulcera-tive colitis, irritable bowel Syndrome
- Itching: Pruritus
- Water retention: oliguria, edemas
- The new class of KOR ligands is synthetically readily accessible and cost-effective to prepare.
- The KOR agonists show high efficacy in an animal model of visceral pain, while the partial agonists were also active but with lower potency.
- No signs of sedation and motor impairment are detected.