GOTOKYO 2020 – SUMMER OLYMPICS SPECIAL
THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS OPEN
Join us for this goAsia program powered by GIN!
The Global Incubator Network Austria is looking for Austrian later-stage startups from all verticals for its next goAsia program and Summer Olympics special. GIN in collaboration with AUSSENWIRTSCHAFT AUSTRIA gives Austrian startups the amazing chance to explore the Tech Hub Tokyo and the Japanese market. Benefit from customized networking opportunities, individual corporate meetings and valuable business connections, all while experiencing the Summer Olympic Games first hand.
Unlike other countries, in Japan corporations and corporate VCs are a big deal. Corporations strategically invest in VC funds in order to scout for promising startups as potential business partners. In 2018 almost 400b Japanese Yen (US$ 3.5b) was invested in startups according to the Japan Startup Finance Report. To Japan's hottest industry verticals count Lifestyle, Healthcare, Robotics, VR and AI.
goTokyo 2020 is one of the GIN goAsia programs that supports Austrian later-stage startups in their internationalization to Asia. goTokyo is a tailor-made acceleration program with valuable benefits that fit your individual needs.
Join us for goAsia - it's the ideal opportunity to explore the world's most innovative startup hubs and to meet key players in innovation and finance.
- The call for goTokyo 2020 ist open until January 19, 2020
- goTokyo 2020 will take place from July 28 to August 5, 2020 (tbc)
- GIN refunds 80% of the expenses up to € 7,000 per startup
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Online Application: latest by January 19, 2020 (23:59 CET)
Apply online by filling in the online form as well as upload your recent pitch-deck.
Apply now via www.aws.at/goTokyo2020apply
- Pre-selection: latest by January 22, 2020
The GIN-Team informs all applicants whether they are chosen or not for the Online Pitch via e-mail.
The pre-selected startups will receive an e-mail with all log-on details for the Online Pitch.
- Online Pitch: January 23, 2020 | 9.00-12.00 am (CET)
The pre-selected startups have 3 minutes to pitch in English online followed by a short Q&A session by the jury of national and international experts.
The Online Pitch will take place on Thursday, 23rd of January, 2020 from 9.00 - 12.00am (CET) (Please block this time in your calendar preliminary!)
- FINAL DECISION: latest by January 27, 2020
After the Online Pitch the jury will select the goTokyo 2020 finalists.
The selected startups for goTokyo 2020 will receive an e-mail with next steps from the GIN-Team.
- Verticals: most suitable for Lifestyle, Wellness, Fitness, Wellbeing, Mental Health, RehabTech, Hospitality, Tourism
- later-stage startup (beyond PoC and seed stage)
- established in the last 7 years
- raised at least seed-stage investment
- unique product/solution
- working prototype / MVP
- a proven business model with traction (clients, revenue)
- interest in connecting to relevant stakeholders (investors, corporates)
- looking to develop further internationally with a focus on Asia
- individual mentoring through personal on-site mentor
- legal & tax workshops, training, networking & pitching events
- individual corporate meetings organized by AußenwirtschaftsCenter Tokio
- option to extend your stay for an additional week funded by GIN
- a small batch of max. 6 startups with individual support
- ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA (WKO) charges a fee of EUR 500,- for its comprehensive service
- GIN refunds 80% of expenses as well as accommodation and travel costs up to max. EUR 7,000 per startup (excluding the above mentioned service fee)