As part of a call for bids, incubators are selected who act as innovation intermediaries with a focus on RTI-based start-ups (RTI = research, technology and innovation) with high growth potential in academia. They push potential founders and accompany the start-up processes by offering qualifications and specific support.
- Incubators as innovation intermediaries.
- The applicant must be a neutral and independent point of contact for the region/federal state.
- The main purpose and main activity must be non-economic (embedded in the articles of association).
- The organisation must not be profit-oriented.
- Incubators in the legal form of a company with share capital
- State agencies are excluded from funding but may have an interest in the company.
- The incubator should have a proven track record and demonstrable know-how in supporting RTI companies.
- The corporation must not have a majority shareholder and should have the structure of the most important academic institutions in the region.
- The minimum share per academic institution should be 10%. Deviations allowed for large shareholder structures.
- Verifiable qualified personnel to support RTI start-ups.
- Appropriate infrastructure must be in place.
Type of financing
Up to 4,000,000 euros
- 5 years
- Stimulus and networking measures (also in the international field)
- Event and training costs
- General consulting services
- Services provided by the incubator directly for start-up projects (e.g. personnel services, infrastructure) in accordance with the de minimis rule
The disbursement will be made in annual tranches.
Only one incubator per state can be supported.
- You apply for funding via the aws funding manager.
- We will then analyse the application as to content and formal criteria.
- You will then pitch your project to the external assessment panel.
- We will let you know our decision in any case.