aws Creative Impact promotes innovative new products and services that have the potential to have a positive social and industry-specific impact beyond company boundaries. The funding supports the development of prototypes, the achievement of marketability and the implementation of cooperation projects.
What do we fund?
Foundation, company development with innovative projects
Natural and legal persons, companies in foundation & SMEs
Type of funding
Up to EUR 200.000,-
1 year to 3 years
Duration of the authorisation
1,5 - 4 months
Natural and legal persons, registered private partnerships (eingetragene Erwerbsgesellschaft) or business partnerships (Personengesellschaft), SMEs
- Pre-foundation phase – up to 1 year before foundation
- Foundation phase – up to 6 years after foundation
- Growth phase – 6 years after foundation or more
- The application is submitted before the project starts.
- The project location is Austria.
- The project comprises innovative development activities of novel products, services and processes.
- No matter the industry: the creative aspect of the project is mainly related to at least one of the following fields: : social impact, fashion, design, architecture, digitalisation, digital media, gaming, film/music distribution or technology. If the core of the innovation falls in the area of high technology (deep-tech), aws programmes such as aws Preseed and aws Seedfinancing are better suited to this.
- The de minimis ceiling must be observed.
- In the case of joint projects involving several equal project partners, all must significantly contribute in a clearly defined manner.
- For joint projects, the de minimis ceiling applies to each individual partner.
Developing, first implementing or achieving market readiness of new or significantly improved products, services, methods, systems and processes.
Type of financing
- Non-repayable grant
- Up to 200,000 euros – 50–90% of eligible project costs max
Please note: Whether and to what extent your project is funded depends on the available budget and the applicable funding conditions. You have no legal claim to funding.
- 1 year to 3 years
According to the principles of economy, efficiency and effectiveness, all of the following directly attributable and actually incurred costs:
- Personnel costs, such as salaries and wages
- Material costs – tangible and intangible investments,
such as intellectual property and licensing rights, development costs for pilot and demonstration objects: machinery, tools, computers, etc.
- Other costs incurred directly as part of the project – e.g. supplies, materials
- Third-party costs, e.g. contract research; market research and studies, marketing and communication, consultancy and equivalent services, in particular mentoring or coaching specific to a particular topic.
You will receive the grant in 3 tranches upon reaching predefined milestones.
- Routine adaptions to existing products
- Commissioned work
- Series production
- Investments beyond the Creative Impact project period
- Motorized vehicles
- Costs of the operative day-to-day business not directly connected to the innovative development project (e.g. accounting, tax consultancy, office equipment, rent, etc.)
- Application: You apply for funding via the aws funding manager – incl.
- company presentation and team introduction
- the last two financial statements or balance lists
– if available, i.e. I/O invoice
- Financial planning and
- project presentation: degree of innovation, market, competitors, cost planning, schedules and financing plan, etc.
- You will receive a confirmation of receipt from us.
Step 1: A jury of experts makes a first round of selections from the submissions according to the “best of” principle.
Step 2: The best projects are selected for the final decision round. If necessary, we will ask you for more information on your project ahead of this stage.
- We will let you know our decision in any case as soon as possible.
Duration of the approval process
1,5 – 4 months
Ongoing submission possible. (Please read more on the detail page.)
The aim is to support the development of highly innovative prototypes and first applications (products/processes/services/business models) in the context of digitalisation, social impact, design, fashion, architecture, gaming and film/music distribution or technology.
The projects are at a very early stage of development at the time of submission. Content and economic feasibility are yet to be reviewed. We back the necessary development steps up to prototype production or creation of a first application. The economic and content-related feasibility are able to be reviewed within the scope of the project.
Submission deadlines for 2021 will be announced in December.
The aim is to support the development of innovative new products/processes/services/business models into a marketable commodity. The economic feasibility is plausible. The feasibility of the content has already been checked. A first prototype or first applications already exist.
Currently no submission possible.
The module addresses all SMEs that have identified a problem and want to tackle it. With the collaboration of at least one other company, a solution is expected to be found that can also benefit others. A central prerequisite is that the content of the project can be assigned to the creative industries. With the help of the know-how relating to the creative industries, new approaches and working methods are supposed to be developed that drive or improve innovative products, processes and services.