By means of aws Preseed - Deep Tech, we finance and accompany deep-tech companies in the pre-foundation phase. Goal: technical and commercial preparation, implementation and validation of the “Proof of Concept”.
What is funded?
Proof of Concept
Deep-Tech Start-ups – e.g. Ddigitalisation, ICT, Physical Sciences, GreenTech, Quantum Technology, Life Sciences (Pharma/Biotech, Medtech incl. Digital Health)
Deep Tech Start-ups
Call | Grant
Volumen (copy 1)
up to EUR 200,000
The maximum amount of funding can only be applied for if at least one woman is a future shareholder with more than 25% shares in the business and works in a management position. Otherwise the funding cap is EUR 170,000.
1 - 2 Jahre
at any time
several decision dates a year
Type of financing and consultation
- Sector-specific consulting, intellectual property rights consulting and coaching
- Tapping into further sources of financing
- up to EUR 200,000
- The maximum amount of funding can only be applied for if at least one woman is a future shareholder with more than 25% shares in the business and works in a management position. Otherwise the funding cap is EUR 170,000.
- Personnel costs
- Direct project-related costs for scientific implementation, review and preparation of the “Proof of Concept”
- Costs of studies and drafts
- Costs of product development and market launch
- Costs of materials
- in case of investments pro-rata AfA [depreciation for wear and tear] is eligible within the project duration
up to 2 years
You will receive the grant in tranches upon reaching predefined milestones.
- Products or further developments, which conform to the current state of technology or merely have the goal of gradual improvement (i.e. incremental innovations)
- Investments beyond the funding period
- Costs that do not constitute an essential precondition for successful project completion and achievement of goals
- Invoice documents under EUR 150, excluding VAT
- You apply for funding via the aws funding manager.
- We analyse the application based on content and formal criteria.
- We will invite you for a discussion if required.
- We decide whether you can pitch your project to the external assessment panel.
- We jointly coordinate all necessary documents with you.
- Projects from the life science sector are reviewed in the assessment panel by the Ethics Council.
- You present your project to the external assessment panel (pitch).
Depending on the deadlines of approval panels, which are held several times a year.
IKT & Engeneering Sciences: Dipl.-Ing. Paul Ullmann
Life Science: Eva Maria Schlintl, MSc
GREEN Seedfinancing: Ing. Karl Schiller