Deadlines for applications
As a rule, the calls take place once a year. Currently no call is open.
- aws informs about the announcement of a new call and invites qualified fund managers to apply. Information about the respective call can be found in a guide that is published with the announcement of a new call
- Applications must be submitted directly to aws within the open deadline.
- aws selects qualified VC funds as part of calls. The selection criteria meet the above requirements and are explained in detail in the guide.
- aws concludes an investment agreement with the selected funds
- Funds are disbursed and repaid in accordance with this Participation Agreement
Duration of the process
Approx. 3 month
Venture Capital-Fonds, that invest in research- and technology-oriented start-ups
Companies in the start-up or scale-up stage.
- The VC fund is qualified: "track record" of the management team and investment strategy.
- The VC fund invests at least twice the amount of the aws capital commitment in Austrian companies
- The VC fund invests in research- and technology-oriented start-ups.
Mobilizing private risk capital to finance research and technology-oriented start-ups.
Type of Financing
Investments in VC funds, which have a focus on investments in technology-oriented Austrian start-ups - at market conditions
- aws can invest directly in VC funds that only invest in Austria
- aws participates in VC funds not only investing in Austria e.g. via tracking Shares, subfund- or trust solutions.
- All investment and exit decisions are made by the VC Fund alone - without the aws involved.
3 to 10 Mio. Euro per Fund
Equals the term of the investee fund
Drawdowns in the form of capital calls throughout the term of the investee fund
Distribution according to the LPA of the investee fund
At market level – pari passu with the private investors of the investee fund
- VC funds that do not meet the conditions mentioned above
- VC funds, in which the public sector is a majority investor