The objective of the funding program "AI Mission Austria Module AI-Start: Green" is the initial implementation of AI projects in companies of all sizes that contribute to green technologies and sustainability, in collaboration with a cooperation and implementation partner.
All industries, with a particular focus on those using or developing green technologies and sustainable solutions.
All company sizes
- The application is submitted before the start of the project.
- The company's registered office or place of business is located in Austria.
- The upper limit according to AGVO or de-minimis must be observed.
- An offer from a potential cooperation and implementation partner must be available uploaded upon application (potential cooperation and implementation partners can be found on the aws KI-Marktplatz).
- First-time implementation of an AI project in a company with a focus on green technologies and sustainability.
For more information on the requirements, please refer to the program document (available in German)
Type of funding
Up to 50 % of the eligible project costs and up to EUR 15,000
Consulting and implementation costs:
Costs for external consulting and implementation services directly related to the planning, implementation, and execution of the initial AI project. This includes, for example:
- Survey the potential of AI use in business in the context of sustainability.
- Identify appropriate use cases in the area of green technologies.
- Creating the (data) prerequisites and/or project planning for sustainable solutions.
- Implementation and execution of a (pilot) project focused on green technologies and sustainability.
1 - 4 month
You will receive the grant at the end of the project after final completion of the project accounting.
What cannot be funded?
- Projects that are not first-time AI projects with a focus on green technologies and sustainability.
- Projects without an existing offer from a cooperation and implementation partner.
- Projects where the application is not submitted by a company based in Austria.
- Projects that do not sufficiently address green technology and sustainability issues.
- Projects where the use of artificial intelligence does not provide a significant technical or economic benefit in the area of green technology.
- Projects that do not meet the formal and content criteria (see program document available in German).
- Projects that were started before the application was submitted.
- Projects for which full financing cannot be demonstrated.
The call is open from January 1, 2024, to March 1, 2024, 12:00 PM.
- Application has to be exclusively sent via aws Fördermanager
- The formal and content-related examination will be conducted by the aws experts according to the Best-Of principle.
- Approval takes place within 1 to 4 months.
- We will inform you about our decision as quickly as possible in any case.