This information is an overview of Special Terms/Conditions for Artificial Intelligence. The aim of Special Terms/Conditions for Artificial Intelligence is to increase the number of trustworthy, innovative AI projects in Austria.
It will be awarded on the basis of one call for projects in 2020 and one in 2021 according to the best-of principle.
Applications for funding for aws Digitalization - trustworthy Artificial Intelligence can be submitted from 5 October until 23 November 2020.
Key future industries such as energy, environmental and climate protection, information and communication technologies, production, mobility and health
All company sizes
The projects are eligible for funding in different phases of the business:
- Pre-seed phase (no partnership or corporation established)
- Formation and initial growth phase
- Expansion phase
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- The registered office or business premises must be located in Austria.
- The upper limit specified in the GBER or de minimis must be observed.
Type of funding
If de minimis is applied
- Up to 80% of the eligible project costs and up to 200,000 euros.
- If Article 22 of the GBER (aid for young innovative enterprises) applies: Up to 80% of the eligible project costs and up to 200,000 euros.
- If Article 25 of the GBER (aid for experimental development projects) applies: Up to 25% and up to 200,000 euros.
In addition to the funding ceilings specified in Article 25, additional bonuses are permitted for projects by SMEs:
- 10 percentage points for medium-sized enterprises, i.e. up to 35% and up to 200,000 euros.
- 20 percentage points for small enterprises, i.e. up to 45% and up to 200,000 euros.
8 to 12 months
All the following actually incurred costs directly related to the project:
- Personnel costs, e.g. salaries, wages
- Training costs
- Material costs – i.e. tangible and intangible investments, such as software licenses, patents, etc.
- Third-party costs, e.g. for consulting, software development
You will receive the grant either in tranches after reaching predefined milestones or at the end of the project.