The call was closed on 22 April 2021, submission is no longer possible.
This information is an overview of Special Terms/Conditions for Artificial Intelligence. The aim of Special Terms/Conditions for Artificial Intelligence is to increase the number of trustworthy, innovative AI projects in Austria.
It will be awarded on the basis of one call for projects in 2020 and one in 2021 according to the best-of principle.
Key future industries such as energy, environmental and climate protection, information and communication technologies, production, mobility and health
All company sizes
The projects are eligible for funding in different phases of the business:
- Pre-seed phase (no partnership or corporation established)
- Formation and initial growth phase
- Expansion phase
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- The registered office or business premises must be located in Austria.
- The upper limit specified in the GBER or de minimis regulation must be observed.
Type of funding
If de minimis is applied
- Up to 80% of the eligible project costs and up to 200,000 euros under the de-minimis regulation.
- If Article 22 of the GBER (aid for young innovative enterprises) applies: Up to 80% of the eligible project costs and up to 200,000 euros.
- If Article 25 of the GBER (aid for experimental development projects) applies:
- Up to 25% of the eligible project costs and up to 200,000 euros for large companies
- Up to 35% of the eligible project costs and up to 200,000 euros for medium-sized enterprises, i.e..
- Up to 45% of the eligible project costs and up to 200,000 euros for small enterprises.
All the following actually incurred costs directly related to the project:
- Personnel costs, e.g. salaries, wages
- Training costs
- Material costs – i.e. tangible and intangible investments, such as software licenses, patents, etc.
- Third-party costs, e.g. for consulting, software development
You will receive the grant either in three tranches after reaching predefined milestones or at the end of the project.