From prototype to market entry: by means of awsSeedfinancing Deep Tech, we bridge the financing gap of innovative start-ups, which develop high-technology products. And there’s more: we coach and advise start-ups and help you them to unlock additional sources of finance.
What do we fund?
Development phase to marketable product
Deep-Tech Start-ups – e.g. Digitalisation, ICT, Physical Sciences, GreenTech, Quantum Technology, Life Sciences (Pharma/Biotech, Medtech incl. Digital Health)
Deep Tech Start-ups
Call | Grant
up to EUR 800,000
The maximum amount of funding can only be applied for if at least one woman is a future shareholder with more than 25 % shares in the business and works in a management position. Otherwise the funding cap is EUR 700,000.
2 - 5 years
Total contractual duration 9 – 12 years
at any time
several decision dates a year
Deep-Tech Start-ups – e.g. Digitalisation, ICT, Physical Science, Green Tech and Tech for Green, Quantum Technology, Life Science (Pharma/Biotech, Medtech incl. Digital Health)
Small enterprise with
- < 50 employees
- < 10 million euros annual turnover or balance sheet total
Foundation phase: up to 5 years after formation of the start-up company
- The application is submitted before the project starts.
- The business model is based on an exceptional technological and scientific challenge (technology leap).
- The company has large growth potential: several million euros in sales and financing rounds of at least EUR €5 million are realistic within the next few years.
- The team is innovative and committed, start-up driven and willing to take risks.
- The company must be independent pursuant to the EU definition of SME. Other companies shall have a maximum holding of 24.9%, and pure financial investors a maximum of 49.9%
- The criteria for the guideline and the guideline specifications, as well as GBER (General Block Exemption Regulation) are fulfilled.
- The budget of EUR 800,000 in Art. 22 GBER (General Block Exemption Regulation) has not yet been exhausted.
- You can find further information in the download area.
Digital Health Innovation Focus within the framework of Seedfinancing – Deep Tech
For deep-tech founders and deep-tech companies, which fulfil the seed financing requirements AND whose future product or service provision lies within the Digital Health sector.
Seed financing digital health innovation issues include:
- e-health: electronic patient records, telemedicine
- Digitally supported automation: robotics, sensor technology, 3D printing
- Patient self-treatment: wearables, social media, fitness
- Data: Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence
The application is made within the “aws Seedfinancing Deep Tech” program.
The maximum subsidy amount for this priority is:
If at least one woman is a shareholder with more than a 25% share in the business and works in a management position, the maximum funding amount is increased by 15%, up to a maximum of EUR 115,000.
GREEN Seed Financing Focus
For deep-tech founders and deep-tech companies, which fulfil the seed financing requirements AND whose future product or service provision lies within the action areas of the EU’s Green Deal.
GREEN Seed Financing topics include:
- Climate protection: climate-neutral design of EU by 2050
- Clean energy
- Sustainable industry: for sustainable and more environmentally-friendly production cycles
- Mobility: funding of environmentally-compatible transport
- Sustainable agriculture & from the yard to the table: guarantee of a more sustainable food chain
- Biodiversity: measures to protect our sensitive ecosystem
- Elimination of pollution: measures to rapidly and effectively combat pollution
- Buildings and renovation: need for a more environmentally-friendly construction sector
You can find more information in our FAQ.
The application is made within the “aws Seedfinancing” program.