aws Seedfinancing - Innovative Solutions finances and accompanies start-ups in all sectors with an innovative start-up idea in the course of development, which, beyond the boundaries of the company, generates a positive added value to society and high market prospects within the framework of scalable business models. Projects with an existing “proof of concept” are funded, which are aligned to achieving market readiness and market launch.
all sectors apart from Deep Tech
Company form/ size
already founded partnerships or corporations (exclusively micro and small enterprises pursuant to SME definition)
Foundation phase: companies up to 5 years after foundation date
- The application is submitted before the project starts.
- The project will be implemented in Austria.
- Based on AGVO [General Block Exemption Regulation]: the budget of EUR 800,000 in Art. 22 AGVO has not yet been exhausted.
- Based on de-minimis: de-minimis ceiling of EUR 200,000 must be observed.
- Partnerships or corporations, which are regarded as micro or small enterprises pursuant to the SME definition.
- The content and economic feasibility has already been reviewed and there are only prototypes and applications.
- The project includes development of a completely new solution for current problems, significant supplements to current solutions or the application of current technologies/ materials/ procedures in a new sector or for solution of a new problem through to market readiness.
- Regardless of the sector, the innovation-specific impact should cover the following subject areas:
- Diversity/ equality/ integration/ inclusion
- Environment/ resources/ climate protection
- social and/or economic change
- Health/ care
- Mobility/ transport
- Urban development/ life in the countryside/ housing
- Projects are funded under the extended innovation concept (Soft Innovation, Low and Non-Tech), apart from high technology (Deep-Tech). If the core of innovation lies in the Deep Tech sector, the aws Preseed - Deep Tech and aws Seedfinancing - Deep Tech programmes are more suitable.
- The project has realistic and strong market prospects.
Projects are funded for which a “proof of concept” can already be verified and which are aligned to achieving market readiness and market launch. The focus is on the further development of innovative products, services or applications (the content and business feasibility of which can already be depicted plausibly and traceably) through to market readiness and initial measures for market transition. The company pursues an above-average growth strategy and is open to growth financing.
Given that this is a new programme, no conclusion can presently be drawn on a success rate.
Service line for concrete questions on applications and programme:
Phone: +43 1 501 75 -880
Serviceline E-Mail: email@example.com